Recently a friend asked me if I could help a friend set up a blog. "No sweat", I thought.
I set this one up with blogger.com and went from sign up to blogging in about 10 minutes flat. When I went to so something similar with a friend today I found out just how insane some (even some of the most used) blog sites can be as far as making it simple to get going. "No sweat", I thought........"right?"
Ah? No.
It seemed that nothing else could possibly go wrong --- and that was the first five minutes. My friend is highly intelligent, an author, tough man's man, and without a sense of humor, we both may have plummeted from the shaky ledge. Most likely server problems at the blogjoint -- but still a testament to companies that if you can't flow chart someone new through with only a few up-front interogatory steps that they may need to re-think their sign up and activation email...which one "major web blog" still has yet to unleash my new membership activation email from deep within it's dank and .php kernel coding litttle pea pickin' heart.
I gave him a link to this blog and I am pretty sure he can rock through it I would bet my Aunt Mattie Ruth's autographed photo of Elvis that he can do this as well as stiff arming potential tacklers back in high school.
No matter what, we will have his blog up and going with his preferred blog name by evening news time tomorrow. I think when it finally goes live in his head how that whatever thoughts one may wish to share can be world-wide in a few key clicks.
Boom-chakka-lakka. Done.
Seriously. I liked my first blog, but #2 about Hamburger Panties? Lord. I cannot blame that blog on neither drink nor drug. It must have been a slow news day.
No comments:
Post a Comment