I always thought bloggers were kind of like Andy Rooney, pithy, grumpy, and forced to give their views of life in the last five minutes.
As all kids do, I would tell my mom "everybodys doing it" when confronted with a stern finger and a wrinkled up brow indicating a NO was nigh at hand. She would always say "if 'everybody" jumped off a bridge would you do it too?'" I never had a good comeback to that as a kid but now I'd be inclined to give it a "HELL YEAH!". Either way, I've still lost my case in the Court of Mom.
I am now a blogger.
Everybodys doing it. So yeah, I jumped off the bridge too.
Sorry Mom. I still love ya.
So, what am I now? A Dirty-Rotten-Blogger? Douche-Blogger? Self-absorbed-Blogger? Former Radio Talent Blogger? What would Eddie Money say? Ever since I had Eddie on a lucky 2 hour live interview on WZZU-FM Raleigh/Durham back on November 12, 1995 I continiously as myself "What would Eddie do?"
Well, I am NOT a political blogger. There are already far too many of those. One is far too many of those. They don't get it. If you are looking to a blogger to decide how you should vote you don't investigate the candidates enough. Back in suburban Chicago I would see guys get on TV and swear up and down that their guy was a perfect human being, free from sin and imperfection--even though they knew that the guy was a thieving, lying, cheating, woman hating jackass...and THAT my friends is what politics is all about so I'm not interested.
No, I am a FUNNY LOOKING BLOGGER! At least no one can argue with that. Besides, it's only being honest. Even my granddaughter says I'm funny looking.
Chassitie will be president someday.
No comments:
Post a Comment